Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Broccoli soup

Even though it's really hot in the US, here in South America, it's winter (this is the view from my kitchen window), so yesterday I cooked a broccoli and potato soup.



All my recipes are child friendly and geared towards how to make picky eaters eat vegetables. I have two picky eaters who are not into green or red vegetables, so I always look for recipes where I can sneak in some veggies. This soup tastes creamy but is actually very healthy and low-fat.

I like to cook ahead of time and usually look for recipes that take very little cooking time but might take a cooling period. This recipe will only use one pot where you boil the soup, puree it with a hand blender and then reheat it.

Ingredients:

4 medium size potatoes, peeled and quartered
2 cups broccoli, chopped
1 cup low fat milk
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper to taste


In a soup pot, add all the ingredients. If you need, either add more milk or more broth since the veggies need to be covered. Boil in medium heat for 20 minutes, until the potatos are tender.


Wait for the soup to cool completely and then use a hand blender to puree it. And enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment