Friday, June 18, 2010

Easiest carrot cake

I find myself living in Chile after spending 15 years in Argentina and everywhere I go people ask me for my recipes for American style cakes. I love to cook blueberry muffins, carrot cake, pineapple upside down and people in South America love the tast but can't find the recipes for it. So I'm going to start with a very simple recipe, which is a carrot cake.

These are the instructions for the cake which is really fast to make, prep time is only assembling the ingredients and mixing for 3 minutes:

1 cup self-rising flour
1 cup sugar (I prefer to use 1/2 cup white sugar and 1/2 cup brown sugar)
1/2 cup oil (I use a little less)
2 egss
1 teasponn cinnamon
1 and 1/2 cups shredded carrots
Preheat your oven to 325° F and in a bowl combine all of the ingredients together. With an electric mixer beat for 3 minutes at fast speed (start at slow speed
then go up).

Pour into a greased and lightly floured 9 x 1 1/2 round baking pan. Bake for 40 min (although mine is ready sometimes at 30 minutes so check with a toothpick)

1 comment:

  1. hecho de menos un traductor ... o solamente es para personas de habla inglesa?

    ReplyDelete