Friday, June 25, 2010

Creamy carrot soup

Last week when I went to the supermarket, I bought some carrots without checking my fridge first (which, as you guessed, was full of carrots ...) So I started thinking of carrot recipes and decided to make a carrot and leek soup. This soup is really creamy and even a little sweet tasting. Without telling my girls what the soup was made of, I had them taste it and even though they didn't love it, they didn't hate it either. Next time, they might even eat it!

Ingredients:

3 medium carrots
2 leeks (you can also subsitute with onions)
1 cup chicken broth
salt and pepper
1/2 cream


In a pot add the sliced carrots, the chopped up leeks (or onions) and the chicken broth. Boil for 10 min or until the carrots are tender.

Wait for the soup to cool and then pure it, either with a hand blender or a conventional one.

This next step is the most important one. When you add the cream to the soup, you have to stir vigorously.
Then heat it and serve it to your guests and they'l love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment