Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Flan - Traditional Flan and Coconut Milk Flan


This is the easiest flan recipe that I have found, and even though it uses condensed milk, it tastes home made. You even use the same can of condensed milk to measure the milk. I made it for my birthday and got rave reviews

Ingredients:

1 can condensed milk
1 1/2 cans of milk
4 eggs
1/2 cup sugar (for the caramel)

Preheat oven to 300°F

To prepare the caramel, you have to melt sugar in a pan.

When it turns brown (this might take a few minutes), pour it onto the flan mold. Since I don't have one, I just use a Bundt cake pan.


Mix the condensed milk, the milk and the eggs. Beat until it's well mixed.

Pour it into the mold, on top of the caramel. Place pan in a big oven dish/pan filled with 1-2 inches of hot water. Bake for an hour in the water bath or until you check with a knife until it comes clean.

Remove from oven and cool for 1/2 an hour. Insert onto a serving dish and refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

Note: if you feel brave, you can replace 1 can of regular milk for coconut milk. It's a delicious coconut flan.

1 comment:

  1. I love coconut milk flan!!! but it' so high in calories *sigh* I will sure try your recipe this weekend

    ReplyDelete