Thursday, July 29, 2010

Zucchini bread


When I started to make the zucchini bread, my daughters asked me what I was cooking and when I mentioned that it had a vegetable in it, they declared that it sounded gross. When the bread came out of the oven, they saw that it had tiny green"things" and no way would they eat it. So I said, "well, you like carrot cake, why don't you give this bread a try" and not only did they taste it but they ate the whole thing in half an hour!!! I told them that next time I was going to give each one of them a slice and hide the rest, since they were even eating the crumbs when the cake was gone.

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups of self-rising flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 cup sugar
1 cup shredded zucchini
1 egg
1/4 cup oil
1/4 tsp lemon peel
1/2 cup nuts, or in my case raisins

In a bowl, beat the sugar, zucchini and egg. Add the oil and lemon peel.

Stir in the flour and cinnamon into the mixture and fold in the nuts/raisins.



Pour the batter in a greased 8 x 4 x 2 loaf pan and bake in a 350°F oven for 55 min or until golden brown (mine was done in 45).



Remove from pan and cool thoroughly before cutting.

When I told my friend Hortensia about the bread, she said "why don't you make zucchini muffins?" Since I had leftover shredded zucchini, I decide to try out the muffins and the only difference is that I used orange peel. They were so delicious that I had to take the picture before they disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment