Monday, July 19, 2010

Shrimp stir fry


This weekend, I didn't feel like going to the supermarket so I decided to cook something with whatever was leftover in my fridge. I found a leek, a celery, some shrimp in the freezer and decided that a stir fry would be a perfect choice. You can substitute with any veggies that you have at hand.

Ingredients:

1 leek
1 celery
1 onion
1 red pepper
4-5 mushrooms
1/2 cup shrimp
1/2 cup sweet peas
salt and pepper
garlic

In a some hot butter and olive oil, lightly fry the cut up leek, onion, red pepper and celery for a few minutes.

Set it aside in a dish while you cook the mushrooms in some butter and then add the peas.

Once again, set aside the cooked mushrooms and peas with the onion mixture and lighly sautee the shrimp with some garlic

When the shrimps are cooked, add the previous mixture to the pan with the shrimps and cook a few more minutes.

I served it on a bed of couscous.

No comments:

Post a Comment