Monday, July 5, 2010

Oatmeal Raisin Cookies


After searching for a really long time, I found raisins that actually tasted good in the supermarket, in the fresh vegetable section (where they buy in bulk and sell it in little plastic containers). So I decided to make oatmeal raisin cookies. However, I had forgotten my cookie pan in the oven and I asked my husband to wash it while I made the cookies. He asked me if I could wait an hour since he was busy and it turned out to be a good thing, since after I made the dough and put it in the fridge I reread the instructions and it said that "dough should be chilled for an hour".

Ingredients:

1 cup self rising flour
1/2 cup unsalted butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
2 tablespoons milk
a dash of vanilla extract
1 cup rolled oats
1/2 cup raisins

In a bowl beat the butter (at room temperature) with the sugars till fluffy.

Add the egg, milk and vanilla and beat well.

Add flour and oatmeal until well combined.

Stir in the raisins. Dough should be chilled for an hour.


Form 1 inch balls and place on an ungreased cookie sheet.


Bake in a 375° oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Be careful when taking them out of the cookie sheet because they will be soft. They harden after cooling a few minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment