Friday, July 30, 2010

Hummus


I like making home made hummus and if I'm pressed for time, I'll use the canned garbanzos. If not, I like to have all kinds of beans on display in my kitchen (split peas, garbanzos, black beans and lentils) and love the ritual of putting the beans in water the night before.

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked garbanzos (or 1 can garbanzos, do not drain)
2 cloves of garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper
juice from half a lemon
paprika and cumin (for decoration)

In a blender, add the garbanzos, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper, lemon juice and some garbanzo water (either saved from the can or the pot). Turn it on high for a minute.

Serve on a dish decorated, in the middle with olive oil and on the sides with paprika and cumin. Serve with pita bread wedges.

No comments:

Post a Comment